Monday, June 1, 2015

Blank/Default Templates in Microsoft Power Point 2013.

Well, who loves the widescreen mode of the power point?
I do.

But sometimes its handy to have the standard 4:3 powerpoint template handy: just in case. Specially with the format that MS provides as default... the title and body text displaced, I want a default one with my custom settings.

So, after changing the layout to my taste, I saved it as a template.
The location that I had to save it, before I could use it was :
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
Save it as Blank.potx.

Next time you open a blank template, you will get the nice theme that you had set as the default/Blank template.

Just note that you may have to manually save the folder structure because when you change the format to .potx, powerpoint siltently changes directory on you. :)

Cheers!

No comments: